|Date Posted||January 7, 2022|
CloudZero puts SaaS companies in control of cloud costs by connecting technical engineering decisions with business results. The CloudZero Cost Intelligence platform is a single source of cloud cost truth for engineering leadership, finance organizations and the product teams building the software. Bringing in data from multiple sources, CloudZero helps customers understand their margins, unit costs and where their cloud investments are flowing to and from. Our users are highly technical and incredibly busy, so they have little patience for tools that are confusing or don’t perform well. They demand a great user experience from our solution to help them quickly answer complex, data-heavy questions.
The philosophy of the product and engineering team at CloudZero is to empower product teams to solve hard customer and business problems, in ways that our customers love yet work for our business. Our product teams are cross-functional, durable and are composed of product management, product design and engineers. The teams have agency to come up with solutions that are usable, viable, valuable and feasible.
We’re looking for a product designer to join our product team to focus on the user experience at every step of our software lifecycle, from research and discovery through delivery.
Our product and engineering team values lifelong learning and holding a growth mindset. A core part of our culture is inclusiveness, we believe great teams are made up of people from diverse backgrounds and walks of life working together. We are a fully remote company with employees scattered throughout the US.
- Work closely with engineers and product managers throughout the entire software lifecycle from discovery through delivery to ensure we create a delightful user experience.
- Use customer-centric research and design methodologies such as customer interviews, usability testing, usage data evaluation, and design sprints to determine the best solutions and validate them.
- Deliver pixel perfect user-centered prototypes for web and non-traditional UIs (Slack messages, CLIs)
- Work directly with customers to understand how they use our existing product capabilities and find ways to improve them.
- Collaborate with pretty much everyone in the company - particularly closely with engineers and product managers. But also marketing and sales and customer success. You can personally impact the outcomes of all of these teams.
- You can work with your core working hours based on the US Eastern time zone. We are a 100% remote first company, so you can work anywhere in the United States.
- You have 3+ years of product design experience with SaaS products with at least one year with B2B customers.
- You excel with both UX research and designing complex interactions and are also comfortable with visual design.
- You have a strong grasp of information architecture concepts and the ability to work within and iterate on a design system.
- You have experience with Figma or equivalent design software.
- You are experienced with (or not afraid to learn) technical products in complex domains.
- You are relaxed and comfortable speaking with a range of customer personas to gather feedback.
- You pride yourself on your ability to collaborate with others. You are exceptional at outbound communication, both synchronous and asynchronous.
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion in an organized and thoughtful manner.