|Date Posted||October 1, 2021|
Why this job is important:
- We're scaling much faster than we anticipated this quarter so we need exceptional people to help keep the FLYING! We're bringing on a thumbnail designer to create thumbnail images for YouTube from concept to completion.
What you'll learn:
- You'll be sponging up the learnings from a young company (est. 2020) building high impact videos for an incredibly diverse set of clientele. We've worked on everything from Kendrick Lamar's notetaking process to uncovering a multibillion-dollar cryptocurrency scandal
- You'll operate at the intersection of video production and content marketing, and become a pro at things like:
- Developing a comprehensive thumbnail design strategy across multiple of our client channels
- How to leverage potential viewers through effective thumbnail design (What are the biggest deciding factors viewers think about when they click a video?)
- Creating images that will focus on eye-catching design and design data provided through analytics research and understanding of new media trends
Who you'll work with:
- We're a small team that prioritizes fun, autonomy, and memes (since we make content, we try to keep up with the youngun's lingo, "no cap").
- We love to balance team meetings with OKR reviews and screaming bloody murder at each other in Among Us. So don't be sus.
Where you'll do it:
- Anywhere in the world! Sit on the beaches of Maui or the mountains of Tibet.
- If you ARE in SF or LA, we might be able to co-work!
What we do:
- Dragonfruit media aims to not only create the best content in the world. but content that makes the world a better place.
- We want to leverage the power of human storytelling to amplify marginalized voices, teach valuable insights, and tackle systemic problems"
Why we do it:
- We believe that video is the fastest growing and most scalable medium for companies creators to utilize
- We think that businesses owning organic distribution channels (vs constantly buying media) is the future of marketing
- We think stories transform lives, and if we can teach thousands of people through our client's videos we are making the world a better place
Who you are:
- You have a knack for visual aesthetics, you may have even edited some videos yourself in the past!
- Pride yourself on your people and communication skills; you could probably wipe your family on family poker night
- OBSESSIVE about using data and feedback to improve your craft
- Tech-savvy and are a quick learner with software (we need more slack GIFS!!!)
- Define the look, feel, and overall design language of all future thumbnails, using brand guidelines specific to each client
- Ability to create 3-6 thumbnails per week
- Maintain awareness of current and evolving trends in YT thumbnails
- Offer suggestions for improvement of design process and branding
- Track analytic and market trends
- A/B testing on thumbnails to determine what’s working and what’s not
- Contribute to headlines, descriptions, and tags on YouTube videos